Short and long radius bends for pneumatic conveying systems. Readily available from stock in a variety of materials, wall thicknesses, and center line radii.
- Available in aluminum, stainless steel, carbon and galvanized steel
- Sizes range from 1"OD through 12"IPS (some larger sizes available)
Standard wall thickness
- Tubing – 16, 14, 11 gauge
- Pipe – 5, 10, 40 schedule
- Other wall thicknesses available upon request
Wear Resistant Elbows
In highly abrasive applications, ChaDa Sales
offers several designs/options of wear-resistant extended-life
elbows. All are designed for extending the life of your elbow;
choice of design should be based upon customer preference and
application experience with a given design.
The basic concept is, once the core
elbow has worn through, the cavity fills with the abrasive
material and wears against itself, therefore, extending the
life of the component.
Extended wear life
- Reduced downtime and loss of material
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Higher system productivity
- Elbows available in various materials
- Sizes available to fit your existing system
This elbow has a jacket across the back of the core elbow which is approximately 1/2" of ceramic compound. This compound has a Mohs hardness of 9+, second only to diamond which has a Mohs hardness of 10. The ceramic jacket and core elbow is then wrapped with an exterior material to maintain the hoop strength. Once the ceramic compound has been applied, it receives a finished coat of paint.
Ceramic-lined Bends and Straights
These have a uniform coating of a specially formulated ceramic material that is added to the inside diameter of the bend to give it a very hard, slippery, glass-like surface. The hardness of the ceramic coating is between 5 and 6 on the Mohs Scale - as hard as glass and just as smooth. The exterior of the bend has the appearance of annealed steel and can be easily painted.